Review of Activities
Selected Books, Articles and Presentations
(see timeline for complete list)
- Higher education for democratic innovation
- Sjur Bergan, Tony Gallagher, and Ira Harkavy (eds)
- Council of Europe higher education series No. 21 - 2016
- Reimagining democratic societies: a new era of personal and social responsibility
- Sjur Bergan, Ira Harkavy and Hilligje van't Land (eds)
- Council of Europe higher education series No. 18 - 2013
- "Cooperating Across the Atlantic: Helping Realize Higher Education's Democratic Mission"
- Sjur Bergan and Ira Harkavy
- Diversity & Democracy, Volume 16, Number 1, Winter 2013
- "Academic Freedom and Institutional Autonomy in the United States: Balancing Rights and Responsibilities"
- Molly Corbett Broad, President, American Council on Education
- Strasburg, FR - November 8, 2010
- Toolkit for Linking Higher Education and Sschools on Education for Democratic Citizenship and Human Rights, led by Council of Europe's Ad Hoc Advisory Group on Education for DEmocratic Citizenship and Human Rights. Council of Europe published two volumes on this project:
- Douglas Barrera and Virgilio Meira Soarer (2010): Advancing democratic practice: A self-assessment guide for higher education.
- Matt Hartley and Ted Huddleston (2010): School-community-university partnerships for a sustainable democracy: Education for democratic citizenships in Europe and the United States of America